This program was formed to encourage others to “pay it forward.” The Community Driven Keeps Giving program, a partnership between Tom Dinsdale Automotive and KSNB Local4 is held on the third Thursday of each month.Each month, the “winner” selects a “recipient” to receive $300. The recipient can be an individual or organization, but the winner can’t keep the money or give it to a family member.
On the third Thursday morning of each month, the news anchors on Local4 Today at 6am give clues to the Community Driven Keeps Giving truck location. The truck appears in its new location at 10 a.m. within a 10-mile radius of Grand Island or Hastings.
People who figure out the clues and find the truck may receive a chance to draw a card. The person who draws the highest card is the winner.
The Community Driven Keeps Giving truck, Local4 crew and winner proceed to the recipient’s location to make the donation. The recipient must be within 10 miles of the truck location.
Video of the donation airs the following day on the Local4 morning show and on Tom Dinsdale Automotive social media channels.
Community Driven Keeps Giving recipients:
- June 2018 – Grand Island YWCA , Grand Island
- July 2018 – Mary Lanning Hospital Foundation, Hastings
- August 2018 – Overland Trails Scouts, Grand Island
- September 2018 – Grand Island Library Foundation, Grand Island
- October 2018 – Special Children’s Fund at Mary Lanning, Hastings
- November 2018 – ARC Central Nebraska, Grand Island
- December 2018 – Greg Bostelman Aboretum Fund, Grand Island
- January 2019 – Start Over Rover, Hastings
Rules and Conditions
No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years old or older to participate. Winners and recipients must show valid identification. The recipient of the Tom Dinsdale Community Driven Keeps Giving Program cannot be a family member of the winner, the dealership staff, station staff, or agency staff, or a staff member of the recipient organization. The winner can designate a person or organization whom they feel needs the money and will use it responsibly. Organizations/individuals can be recipients only once per year (June through May). Political parties are excluded from receiving funds.